I'm making it my personal mission to single-handedly eat my way across the nation, one delicious animal at a time.

Fire up the pit, here I come!!!!!

Search The Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Jake n' Boo's Backdoor Bar & Grill (Rosebud, TX)




Jake n' Boo's is located inside a small antique shop in "downtown" Rosebud, which is a little odd to say the least. I've thought about stopping here several times, but today was the first time I felt adventurous enough to try it.

BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Texas Rosebud

The small dining room isn't fancy by any means, but I think they probably intended it to look that way. Apparently they don't have set prices for alcohol, because there's a sign that says you can simply pay what you think is an acceptable price for your beer. Just put your money in the bucket and move on. I was only making a quick stop on my drive back to Dallas, so I didn't take them up on this unusual offer.

BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Rosebud Texas

I had eaten lunch just a little earlier, so I only wanted to grab a light snack. I settled on their sausage wrap. I had wanted two since they're only $2.00 each, but apparently they only had enough sausage left for 1 1/2 sausage wraps. It was already 3:30, so I guess they had a busy lunch rush earlier. Oh well. I wasn't exactly sure what I had just purchased until I hopped back into my truck and unwrapped the tortilla.

BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Rosebud Texas Sausage Wrap

I was hoping for slices of smoky link sausage. Instead, I was disappointed to find a bratwurst-sized "sausage" that looked more like a large hotdog than anything else. I mean, the flavor was acceptable, but there was nothing spectacular that would draw me back for more. The sausage had almost no snap, no char, and very little smoke.

Since I didn't want sauce leaking out onto my shirt while I was driving, I got my sausage wraps with just a light drizzling of sauce. It had a decent taste and a nice hint of sweetness, but again, no wow factor. I also would have preferred a little more acidity. The sauce was extremely runny, so despite my best efforts I ended up with it all over my shirt, as well as my seatbelt.

Jake n' Boo's worked fine for a cheap afternoon snack, but I wasn't overly impressed. In all fairness, I don't know if you can judge a barbecue joint solely on one meat, so I'll have to try again another time.

**********

Jake n' Boo's Backdoor Bar & Grill (Rosebud, TX)
341 W. Main St.
Rosebud, TX 76570
(254) 583-7827


Jake n' Boo's Backdoor Bar & Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment