I'm making it my personal mission to single-handedly eat my way across the nation, one delicious animal at a time.

Fire up the pit, here I come!!!!!

Search The Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bone Daddy's House of Smoke (Dallas, TX)




Bone Daddy's has been on my to-do list for a while now. It wasn't until today, however, that I discovered it's basically the Hooters of barbecue.

Bone Daddy House Smoke Dallas BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que

Based on other reviews I've read, I was expecting a long wait at dinner. That might be true for bigger groups, but since I was solo, I was able to climb right up onto a barstool with no wait at all. Looking around, there wasn't a single female customer in sight, which wasn't entirely surprising. I do in fact possess a Y chromosome, so I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I didn't enjoy the scandalous, half-naked waitresses. That being said, the bartender's massive thigh and torso tattoos and partially-visible birth control patch were a little unappealing and also slightly unappetizing. But I came here for the meat candy, not the eye candy, so on we go.

I started with an order of the Smokin' Tailpipes, which are listed as "smoked brisket, onion, jalapenos, corn, and peppers all wrapped up and deep fried."

Bone Daddy House Smoke Dallas BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Tailpipes

Visibly, the Smokin' Tailpipes looked a lot like Chili's Southwest Eggrolls. The batter was nice and crisp, and the flavor was amazing! I could definitely pinpoint the brisket, but the other ingredients held their own just fine too. Given the menu description, I was a little disappointed with the lack of heat. You might expect something called a "smokin' tailpipe" to have some serious spiciness to it, but they had none at all. They tasted great nonetheless, and I guess I should be grateful that I made it out with my tailpipe unscathed.

Next, I ordered up a Flying Pig sandwich: pulled pork, link sausage, maple-glazed ham, and bacon on all one bun. They were slated to come with beans and fries on the side, but I decided to just double up on the fries.

Bone Daddy House Smoke Dallas BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Pig Pork Sandwich

I had to take a few minutes just to marvel at the pork-tastic masterpiece that sat before me. The sandwich was a little hard to eat, with various pork products spilling out left and right. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise though, since then I could sample each of the meats individually too. They were all great on their own, but the collective was phenomenal! There was a little kick to the sandwich too. Upon closer inspection, I think the heat emanated from the sausage. The Flying Pig also had just the right amount of barbecue sauce on it, which had a sweet and smoky flavor that enhanced the meat quite nicely.

The food was terrific, but the *cough* scenery could have been better. If Bone Daddy's wants to hire sexy jailbait waitresses, far be it from me to tell them no. Just make sure that they don't look like they're dancing at some trashy strip club after their shift is over. I do applaud their ability to wait tables in six-inch heels though.

I would probably go back to Bone Daddy's, either on my own or with a group of guys, but this definitely isn't a place my wife and I will be dining at for our upcoming wedding anniversary.

**********

Bone Daddy's House of Smoke
8856 Spring Valley
Dallas, TX 75240
(214) 575-3050
http://www.bonedaddys.com

Bone Daddy's House Of Smoke on Urbanspoon

Bone Daddy's

No comments:

Post a Comment