I'm making it my personal mission to single-handedly eat my way across the nation, one delicious animal at a time.

Fire up the pit, here I come!!!!!

Search The Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q (Alto, TX)




I was only about 30 minutes into my drive home from Lufkin to Dallas, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to sample more East Texas barbecue. I found Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q along the highway near Alto, Texas and decided to give it a try.

Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Alto Rusk East Texas

This place seems primarily focused on their convenience store and farmers market-style produce selection. The barbecue area is way in the back, mostly comprised of a clientele that was apparently very fond of boots and overalls. I decided that a to-go order might be in order here. For take out, grab your food from there and proceed back up front to pay at the main store register.

Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Alto Rusk East Texas

I settled on a Hotlink Sandwich. It probably wouldn't have ordinarily been my first choice, but this is East Texas after all, so hotlinks seemed appropriate.

Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Alto Rusk East Texas Hotlink Sandwich

Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Alto Rusk East Texas Hotlink Sandwich

The deep purple color on the hotlinks was very beet-like and was also a little off-putting. I dug in anyway, only to find that the casings had very little snap and the meat was fairly mushy. The sauce was ok, but nothing special. I saw the remnants of jalapenos in the form of large seeds. That being said, there was only a hint of heat, certainly not as much as I was anticipating. There was no smoke whatsoever. Business at the Lazy L wasn't exactly booming, but I think it would be worthwhile to invest in something better and more homemade than Mrs. Baird's hamburger buns from the local grocery store. Needless to say, I didn't bother finishing my sandwich.

When the word "lazy" is right in their name, I guess I shouldn't have expected too much effort from this place. Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q was a sad representation of East Texas hotlinks.

**********

Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q
12157 Hwy 69 S
Alto, TX 75925
(936) 858-4468

Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q on Urbanspoon

Lindsey's Lazy L Bar-B-Q

No comments:

Post a Comment