I'm making it my personal mission to single-handedly eat my way across the nation, one delicious animal at a time.

Fire up the pit, here I come!!!!!

Search The Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

OinknMoo BBQ (Dallas, TX)




After months of anticipation, it was finally time for the Miranda Lambert/Dierks Bentley concert in Fair Park. My wife and I had eaten dinner beforehand, but when I saw the fabled OinknMoo BBQ food truck parked inside the gates, I couldn't resist.

OinknMoo BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Bar-B-Q Dallas DFW Food Truck Sausage Hot Links Hotlink Sandwich

There were 3 or 4 people manning various stations within the truck, although only one of them seemed exceptionally competent. The woman working the register appeared extremely flummoxed by the whole thing. My wait in line wasn't as long as many other food trucks I've encountered. Line size aside, food was coming out rather slow, which is surprising considering the only entrees they had to offer were sandwiches.

Although the choices were somewhat limited, a Hot Link Sandwich actually sounded pretty good. I opted to forgo the side dishes and eat my sandwich a la carte. After all, I had just eaten dinner about 45 minutes earlier.

OinknMoo BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Bar-B-Q Dallas DFW Food Truck Sausage Hot Links Hotlink Sandwich

This wasn't exactly the hot link sandwich I was expecting. My first disappointment was the Mrs. Baird's hamburger bun that it came on. By no means did I think a food truck would be baking their own homemade buns, but they could have at least bought some (Central Market has plenty). Their sausage quite obviously lacked the telltale reddish color of true East Texas hot links. I hoped that at least the sausage would have some good heat to it, but sadly I found no spiciness whatsoever. I couldn't taste any smoke either. There was a decent snap to the casings, but this was most likely store-bought sausage. The sauce had a pleasant sweetness to it, though some pepper would have added some nice balance.

There is no shame in selling a Sausage Sandwich if that's what it is. I would have probably upped my rating slightly if they hadn't falsely advertised this as a Hot Link Sandwich. Nice try OinknMoo, but we Texans know our sausage.

**********

OinknMoo BBQ
Downtown Dallas, TX (various locations)
(214) 548-8553
http://www.oinknmoodfwbbq.com/

Oinknmoo BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment