I'm making it my personal mission to single-handedly eat my way across the nation, one delicious animal at a time.

Fire up the pit, here I come!!!!!

Search The Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Dish (Dallas, TX)




This year for Valentine's Day, my wife and I decided to try out Dish. Neither one of us had heard of it before, but it was featured on OpenTable as having pretty tasty Valentine's Day specials, so we thought we'd give it a shot.

Dish Dallas Restaurant BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que

The atmosphere inside Dish wasn't exactly what I would describe as romantic, just kind of uppity and eclectic. It was also fairly loud here, both from the customers and the trance music pumping through their sound system. I didn't really appreciate being seated a solid 18-inches from the loud, brazen couple next to us either. While Dish certainly isn't responsible for their customers, I do hold them responsible for my proximity to them. I also found the alternating pink and purple lighting a tad odd, but I guess it's somewhat the norm for Oak Lawn and Cedar Springs.

Dish Dallas Restaurant BBQ Barbeque Barbecue Bar-B-Que

One thing to be cautious of is the confusing nature of their restrooms. There is one main door to a unisex lavatory, and then the men's and ladies' rooms split off from there. When you walk in and see three ladies washing their hands, it sort of makes you do a double-take.

There were several tempting options on the menu, but I settled on the BBQ Braised Short Ribs, which came with buttery mashed potatoes and fried onions.

Dish Restaurant Dallas Short Ribs Braised BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que

Set before me were three gigantic short ribs, bones already removed. I had asked the waiter to bring me a steak knife, but they were so tender I could have used a plastic spoon. Dish is certainly not a barbecue joint, so I'm guessing the short ribs came out of a pressure cooker rather than a smoker. Regardless, they were full of flavor from both the meat and the sauce. The fried onions also added a pleasant crispiness to each bite, and they paired well with both the short ribs and the mashed potatoes. As a bonus, the onions made up for the lack of garlic in the potatoes.

Uncomfortable atmosphere aside, the food at Dish was really good. I think we would probably go back there for dinner, just not for Valentine's Day.

**********

Dish Restaurant & Lounge
4123 Cedar Springs Rd
Dallas, TX 75219
(214) 522-3474
http://www.dish-dallas.com/

DISH Restaurant & Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment